[Council] ping

Joe Hildebrand JHildebrand at jabber.com
Fri Jun 13 12:16:40 CDT 2003

"If the entity is already registered, the IQ result MUST NOT contain
instructions and empty registration fields; "

Can this at least be weakened to a SHOULD NOT, if not removed altogether?
It makes the client-writers job hard, since you still have to show this to a
user.

3.2, there are other error cases
 -removing an unknown user
 -unauthorized.

There should probably be a thing that says that re-setting the password for
an existing account (one with <registered/>) SHOULD NOT have an effect.
That's an iq:auth thing.

Oh...  That needs to be in 0078, too.  Sigh.  That probably futzes with the
SHOULD NOT's for plaintext.