[Council] Resolving the file transfer debate

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Jun 30 23:21:33 CDT 2003

I've been talking with Justin just now. He says the main objection that
he and one other person have to 95+96 is the inability to fall back if
the first method fails. Personally I don't see this as a common case
(and I think it would be best to have one reliable mechanism for file
transfer rather than the need for fallbacks etc.). However, I think one
could do this in 95+96 by re-using the stream ID (thus providing a
"link" between the original attempt and the fallback).

Peter