[Council] pubsub (was: Re: meeting minutes, 2007-08-08)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Aug 8 17:40:04 CDT 2007

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> 3. XEP-0060: Publish-Subscribe
>
> Approve version 1.10pre1?
>
> Not yet ready for a vote. Per Council discussion, Peter to (1) remove
> disco#info features for access models since this is covered by disco
> metadata in Section 5.4; (2) remove the formal field handling methods
> for publish-options in Section 7.1.2; (3) add "How It Works" section
> (similar to those recently added to XEP-0163 and XEP-0115).

I have completed tasks (1) and (2). See here:

http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0060-1.10.html

Diff from 1.10pre2:

http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0060.xml?r1=1103&r2=1128

Diff from 1.9:

http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0060.xml?r1=320&r2=1128

Do Council members think that we really need the friendly "How It Works"
section before 1.10 advances? I ask because I think the spec also needs
to be broken into more subsections, as I've done for rfc3920bis and
rfc3921bis, because many of the sections are quite long. This will take
me some time but I think it would be time well spent. I can try to do
that before the next Council meeting, but I would really like to get
these changes pushed out so that we can move forward with PEP etc.