[jabberd] 1.4 to 2.x

Paul C. PaulC at Car-Part.com
Mon Mar 13 11:22:00 CST 2006

Its not being built by the same group of people.  I believe jabber 2.0
strives to be more XMPP compliant (someone will probably correct me on
this).  Jabber 1.4.4 does have the ability to use a mySQL and Postgres
database, but we don't use it like that so I am not sure of its
abilities in that respect.  Here is some text from ww.Jabberd.org:
Please note that there are two different Jabber server implementations,
that share the name "jabberd". These two implementations have a
different codebase, share (nearly) no code, and have a different
software design.
Where one explicitly wants to refer to one or the other software, the
terms "jabberd14" (this implementation) and "jabberd2" are used. This is
because jabberd2 was originally intended to be the replacement of
jabberd14. It was thought to become a rewrite of the original jabberd
implementation. Therefore the first version number of jabberd2 was
2.0s1, while at the same time the current version number of jabberd14
was 1.4.3.
As jabberd2 is not able to replace jabberd14 in every situation, the
development of jabberd14 continues and there are new versions of
jabberd14 available. (See below.) Both implementations are different
projects that continue to create a Jabber instant messaging server
system. Both have unique features not available in the other implementation.
On this site, you will currently only find information about jabberd14.