[jadmin] RE: Firewall Question

WASGATT,ERIC (HP-Roseville,ex1) eric_wasgatt at hp.com
Thu Mar 1 10:32:03 CST 2001

You can "socksify" jabberd.  Our test server uses Dante
(http://www.inet.no/dante/).  Configure the socks software to route local
addresses directly, and external ones (or just the external addresses you
want going to the firewall) through your socks server.  This works very well
for ICQ and Yahoo.  We haven't any users that use AIM, so we haven't taken
the time to test that.

Cheers, Eric