[jadmin] user file corruption & caching

Arman Shah armanshah at mail.com
Thu Mar 1 11:45:29 CST 2001

I tried the timeout = 0 but had no success.

I am facing a similar problem with ICQ and MSN holding on to the
user/session through caching.

But, AIM on the other hand does release the user and their session, and
shows a '[AT] Closing down session ...' message.

Also, AIM sends a subscription of 'both' when I add a Buddy, whereas ICQ and
MSN sends a subscription of 'to' only. How can I change them to 'both' ?

Thanks for your help.
- Arman

Hrm, that's completely new to me, but I would love to get it figured out
ASAP.  Running the server with -D could you find a user that isn't
corrupt yet, and then save their XML file.  Get them to login and see if
it corrupts.  If it does we could examine the -D log (you'll need to
capture that:  jabberd -D > out.log or some such), and the two XML files
to try and figure out where this is happening.  Where did you put the
<timeout/>?  It needs to be inside the <xdb_file/> tag.    Example:

<xdb_file xmlns="jabber:config:xdb_file">
<spool><jabberd:cmdline flag='s'>./spool</jabberd:cmdline></spool>
<timeout>30</timeout>
</xdb_file>

If that still doesn't work try a timeout of zero.  That will never
cache, and as long as the server isn't too heavily used (logins and
logouts mostly) then it should be ok.

--temas