[jadmin] AIM transport

Gleef gleef at ybten.net
Fri Mar 2 06:27:15 CST 2001

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 06:48:27AM -0800, rTerra wrote:
> Searched archive, problem listed but no solutions.
> AIM Transport does not show online status of users
> properly.
>
> Has anyone found a solution to this problem or is anyone
> not expreincing this problem.

As far as I can tell, it's a "simple" matter of the AIM transport not
having more detailed status detection coded into it.  For me, it
detects whether or not they are away just fine, but gives no more
detail.  I assume that's because nobody wrote the code to get more
detail and pass it on to the client.

Take a look at the AIM-Transport code, and by all means send in
patches ;-)

-Gleef