[jadmin] DNS problems

Ron Smits rons at ronsmits.com
Sun Mar 4 08:49:03 CST 2001

I am running a jabber server under my own domain (ronsmits.org) The
problem is that I am connected using an ADSL connection, The IP address
(a static one) is configured first off all by the ISP as eagle.xs4all.nl

The DNS records for ronsmits.org are handled by another one of my
servers and the entries icq.ronsmits.org, msn.ronsmits.org and
yahoo.ronsmits.org
all point to the correct IP address. It works great I use Jabber from
anywhere to connect to this server and have the same roster :) Kudos for
the jabber development.

But.... update.jabber.org complains about the dns:

20010227T22:10:07: [alert] (s2s): We were told by update.jabber.org that
our sen
ding name ronsmits.org is invalid, either something went wrong on their
end, we
tried using that name improperly, or dns does not resolve to us

how to resolve this?

Ron

--
Yahoo: ron_master_of_kitten