[jadmin] DNS problems

Ron Smits rons at ronsmits.com
Tue Mar 6 12:50:36 CST 2001

Coming back to DNS :)

My isp was so good to change the DNS entry. Now a reverse lookup will
tell you that I am indeed ronsmits.org. This was done yesterday. I've
tested it using one of our american DNS servers (I work for an american
company) and the dns server from the provider. Alas I am still getting
these errors:

20010306T15:52:10: [alert] (s2s): We were told by update.jabber.org that
our sen
ding name ronsmits.org is invalid, either something went wrong on their
end, we
tried using that name improperly, or dns does not resolve to us
20010306T15:52:10: [notice] (update.jabber.org): bouncing a packet to
jsm at update
.jabber.org/1.4 from ronsmits.org: Server Connect Failed

What to do?

Ron

--
Yahoo: ron_master_of_kitten