[jadmin] AIM transport

Gleef gleef at ybten.net
Tue Mar 6 14:16:24 CST 2001

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 08:00:16PM -0800, Doug Mandell wrote:

> Actually, the problem Gleef refers to below is a problem that
> STARTED happening with 0.9.5.

Nope, running 0.9.0.  Still haven't gotten around to doing the
recommended upgrade.

> show whether a user was away or not by mousing over their name (it
> showed total amount of time idle, I think).  In the AIM client you
> get all sorts of info when you put your mouse over a username, total
> time online, how long they've been idle..etc etc.  Really I think
> the only thing that really matters is idle time.
>
> Unless I'm not understanding the problem that was described, in
> which case I apologize.

On my aim-transport 0.9.0 system, Jabber only reports three states for
someone on the other end of an AIM transport: Online, Away or Offline.
It will also sometimes give idle time as their online status text.  I
know that AIM gives the text of any away message that has been set,
and such info would be useful to include.  Apparently 0.9.5 offers
more information, I indend to check it out :-).

-Gleef