[jadmin] Problem building server (FreeBSD 3.4)

Jeffrey Yeo jwyeo2 at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 7 01:57:37 CST 2001

I ended up poking around the ports tree and found
devel/gmake which had been installed as a dependency some
time ago. So, I thought I would try making Jabber using
'gmake' instead of 'make', which did the job. However, when
I did a diff between the gmake file that ran
(/usr/local/bin/gmake) and the make file in the ports tree,
they were different. I suspect that gmake existed all along
and I just didn't know any better.

Jeff

"http://freshports.org/search.php3?query=jabber&stype=name&search=1"

"http://mailman.jabber.org/pipermail/jadmin/2001-February/000165.html".