[jadmin] jabberd tries to communicate with jabber.org

Fernando Medina, Jr. fmedina at nic.pibnet.com
Tue Mar 13 11:31:14 CST 2001

I have compiled the latest jabber server on RH Linux 6.2 and it runs
perfectly. The server is on an internal WAN and I don't have the machien
running the server with Internet access, nor do I want it to. I keep getting
this when it tries to connect to a jabber.org server, but it does though a
firewall, so ports aren't open and dns name does not match internal name:

20010313T16:08:46: [alert] (s2s): We were told by update.jabber.org that our
sen ding name dns01.SOMECOMPANY.com is invalid, either something went wrong
on their end, we tried using that name improperly, or dns does not resolve
to us 20010313T16:08:46: [notice] (update.jabber.org): bouncing a packet to
976320471 at update.jabber.org/1.1.2 from
fmedina at dns01.SOMECOMPANY.com/myJabber: Server Connect Failed

If anyone can tell me how to stop jabberd from attempting to connect to
outside world, I would appreciate,

thanks,

---
Fernando Medina, Jr.