[jadmin] jabberd shutdown after I close telnet session

Chris McDonald phx-jabber at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 20 14:32:46 CST 2001

Try executing the server with this command:
./jabberd –D &

That will make the process run in the background

If you’d like to be able to telnet back in later and observe the server,
then use “screen”.  It lets you run a terminal within a terminal and you can
just reattach to it after you open a new telnet session.  Run: man screen
for more info.

Chris McDonald
phx-jabber at mindspring.com
Jabber Admin