[jadmin] AIM transports

Gleef gleef at ybten.net
Tue Mar 20 23:21:36 CST 2001

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 07:30:01PM -0600, Thomas Muldowney wrote:
> Well, jabber.org itself actually appears to be firewalled off, but because
> Jabber is versatile we have the transport running elsewhere now.  The other
> part of the story is that it appears they were filtering on our client info
> string.  I say appears for a reason, because that is completely unconfirmed,
> and pure speculation based on the fixes I made.  CVS is now cool
>
> http://download.jabber.org/dists/transports/aim-transport/
>
> The 0.9.6 version

Tried it, didn't solve the problem.  When I log in with an
aim-registered jabber account, aim-transport goes online briefly, and
offline before it can do anything.

Here's all that comes out of error.log:

20010321T05:17:49: [notice] (aim.ybten.net): AIM-Transport starting up
for instance aim.ybten.net...
20010321T05:18:13: [warn] (sessions.c:926): [AT] Closing down session
for gleef at ybten.net

Let me know if there's anything I can do to get you better diagnostic
info.

-Gleef