[jadmin] Server setup for sending files

Silviu Marin-Caea silviu at delrom.ro
Thu Mar 22 10:24:39 CST 2001

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 07:22:09 -0700
Todd Bradley <TBradley at jabber.com> wrote:

> I'm confused about what you're trying to
> accomplish, which maybe explains why others
> didn't respond the first time.  What do
> you mean by "relay file transfers"?  The
> Jabber protocol doesn't do file transfers,
> so the Jabber server shouldn't be involved
> in them, other than to help one client user
> find another client user.  Therefore, there
> is no configuration setting to control file
> transfers in the server.
>
> Also, which Jabber client are you using?
> A (very) few clients have the ability to do
> client-to-client file transfers, but the
> Jabber server really isn't involved in the
> process.

Thank you for answering.

myJabber has a Send File option.  If I try to use it when I'm logged in
my jabber server I get something like "Service not available".  If I use
jabber.org I can send a file without any problem.

My server is 1.4 from the tar.gz.

As I said the first time, it would be great if the jabber.xml of
jabber.org would be publicly available on the website as a running
configuration example.

--
Systems and Network Administrator - Delta Romania
Phone +4093-267961