[jadmin] AIM transports

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Fri Mar 23 11:58:24 CST 2001

You'll note that GAIM OSCAR is now blocked (until their pre8 release).  As for
TOC, I will possibly consider a move to this for a short time if they continue
to use client information filterring or other protocol changes.  Although I
fear they will begin to mess with TOC at that point.  Another reason to not
move to TOC is that it is a mostly dead project.  It has been down for days at
a time, and has even lost features in comparison to OSCAR which continues to
grow.

A note to the others.  If you want to check if you have an IP block perform
this in the shell from your aim-t server:

telnet login.oscar.aol.com 5190

If the connection is refused you are blocked via firewall, please let me know
if this is the case.  I'm keeping a master list of blocked people.

--temas