[jadmin] Removing accounts

Jason Meyering JMeyering at jabber.com
Fri Mar 23 12:04:13 CST 2001

jabber DOES do some account caching.  You can set a
<timeout>#ofseconds</timeout> within your xdb_file tags like so:

 <xdb_file xmlns="jabber:config:xdb_file">
    <spool><jabberd:cmdline flag='s'>./spool</jabberd:cmdline></spool>
    <timeout>30</timeout>
 </xdb_file>

to supposedly set the cache timeout.  Setting it to 0 is supposed to disable
caching, but I'm not sure if that actually works.  I had problems with
accounts getting corrupted and even when the user file was replaced with
valid info, it seemed like the corrupted stuff stayed in the cache until a
restart, even when I had the timeout set to 30.  I recently set it to 0, but
the corruption hasn't been happening lately, so I'm not really sure if the 0
really worked or not.  Good luck.