[jadmin] AIM transports

John Hebert john at vedalabs.com
Mon Mar 26 10:14:32 CST 2001

Todd Bradley wrote:

> So, did that invitation motivate you to
> immediately download their FREE, fully
> featured, and authorized client?
>
> Todd.
>
> ps.  And how can they call it "fully featured"
> when it doesn't let me chat with all my friends
> who use Jabber?

I've heard the argument that AOL should be allowed to do whatever they
want with their servers in order to protect their market share. If more
people had that attitude a few years back, the Internet wouldn't be
here. Just like Micro$oft, AOL won't change their attitude until they
are forced to do so. So when is Jabber going to replace SMTP/NNTP?

--
John Hebert
System Engineer