[jadmin] jabber browser

Reyna, Ruben Ismael ruben-reyna at ti.com
Mon Mar 26 12:42:34 CST 2001

John, here are the answers to your questions:
When you say that you do not see anything in the jabber browser, what do you
mean exactly?
When I select jabber browser from the jabber client, it shows me a top level
icon for conferencing and jud.  When I drill down into them, nothing shows
up, even if I have users registered for the jud, and even If I have
conferences that are occuring.

Can you connect and login to the jabber server with WinJab?
yes

Can you send messages to other users on the same server?
yes

Can you subscribe to the presence of other users on the same server?
yes

Thanks for the help,
Rubén

Reyna, Ruben Ismael wrote:

> I am a new user to jabber.
> I have installed the server and the conferencing and jud services.
> Everyting seems to be working fine, except that I do not see anything on
> the jabber browser.  It does not show me who is subscribed to jud, or
> what conferences are active.

Ruben,

I may be wrong, but I don't think you can easily see who is subscribed
to the JUD or active conferences. When you say that you do not see
anything in the jabber browser, what do you mean exactly? Can you
connect and login to the jabber server with WinJab? Can you send
messages to other users on the same server? Can you subscribe to the
presence of other users on the same server?

Since Jabber is a work in progress, the functions you ask may not have
been built yet.

--
John Hebert
System Engineer

Have a great day,
Rubén Ismael Reyna
Product Development System Administrator
Educational & Productivity Solutions
Texas Instruments Incorporated
7800 Banner Drive, MS3908
Dallas, Texas 75251