[jadmin] Two More Questions

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Thu Feb 7 12:19:52 CST 2002

1.) So I'm setting up conferencing for our users, public and private.

When a Jabber Instant Messenger client user goes to "Rooms", "Find
Room", and selects say "Public Rooms" (or, if they select
"publicconference.jabber.OURDOMAIN.COM"), they get a message in the
right hand window saying "The jabber server reported a problem: Not
Implemented".  Rooms ARE implemented, and I can chat happily with
co-workers, but I don't seem to be able to "browse" the existing
rooms.

2.) Is it safe to assume (as I have, for now) that for every jid I
use (in our case "conference.jabber.MYDOMAIN" and
"publicconference.jabber.MYDOMAIN") that we need to have an A record
set up for each of these? It seems like that's the case (from what
I've read in other places), but those conference features worked
(except as noted above) before I put those A records in place, so I
figured I'd better check as to whether they're really needed or not.
:-/

| dredd at megacity.org  | "Thou art the ruins of the noblest man  |
|  Derek J. Balling   |  That ever lived in the tide of times.  |
|                     |  Woe to the hand that shed this costly  |
|                     |  blood" - Julius Caesar Act 3, Scene 1  |