[jadmin] Error returned from Jabber 1.2 server when trying to join a chatgroup

Kris Thompson kris.thompson at xor.com
Fri Feb 8 16:51:52 CST 2002

RECV: <iq type='error' id='GroupChatJoin'
to='user at dev.place.com/JabberApplet'
from='.cycling at groups.dev.place.com'><query
xmlns='jabber:iq:groupchat'/><error code='404'>Not Found</error></iq

This is what I get returned from the jabber server.  The docs claim the
following

    "a user has attempted to send a message to a JabberID that does not
exist. If the Jabber server of the intended recipient cannot be reached"

I'm not even trying to send a message just join a group.  So what is it
that it can't find?

Thanks

Kris