[jadmin] Help with "Configuration parsing..." Error

Jeff_Forsythe at ohnb.uscourts.gov Jeff_Forsythe at ohnb.uscourts.gov
Mon Feb 11 10:14:10 CST 2002

Jabber Server 1.4.2 was installed and I went through the Server
Configuration document and made what it referred to as:
               the ones you need in order to get the server running.

When I try to run it using the command: ./jabberd/jabberd -h hostname (the
command given by the same document, supplying my hostname of course), I get
the following error:

Configuration parsing using jabber.xml failed: unable to open file

the configuration is owned by me, a non-root user, the permissions are set
so that I have read (and write) permissions to the jabber.xml file, so I
don't know what it's saying.

I learned about Jabber in SysAdmin (January 2002 issue) and the author said
you needed a particular directory structure (bin, etc, etc.)  which I do
not have.  The default installation didn't create it and the Configuration
document didn't tell me to, so I didn't create it manually either.  Could
that be a problem?  If so, I don't know what is supposed to go in what
subdirectory.

Can anyone help me?

Please contact me directly at: Jeff_Forsythe at ohnb.uscourts.gov or call:
(330)489-4709 ext. 6104