[jadmin] Help with "Configuration parsing..." Error

Jeff_Forsythe at ohnb.uscourts.gov Jeff_Forsythe at ohnb.uscourts.gov
Mon Feb 11 12:45:05 CST 2002

Peter:

   Thanks for your quick reply.  I ran the XML through the URL you gave me
and it worked just fine!  So I tried giving jabberd the -c flag and the
path to my jabber.xml file but got the same error.  So I copied jabber.xml
to the jabberd directory and tried running it from there but still got the
error.  Any other ideas?  If you wouldn't mind giving me your phone number,
I'll call you for help with this.  We are new to Jabber and have some
pretty cool ideas how it could fit into our organization.  Or if you want,
you can call me and save the federal government some $.  :-)
(330)489-4709 ext. 6104

   I'm only in until 3PM Eastern today, but I'll be back tomorrow 7-4.

Thanks Again,

Jeff :-)

                    Peter
                    Saint-Andre          To:     jadmin at jabber.org
                    <stpeter at jabbe       cc:
                    r.org>               Subject:     Re: [jadmin] Help with "Configuration parsing..." Error
                    Sent by:
                    jadmin-admin at j
                    abber.org

                    02/11/2002
                    12:25 PM
                    Please respond
                    to jadmin

Either jabberd can't find your jabber.xml file or your XML file does not
parse. Test your file here:

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/tools/ruwf/check.html

email+jabber: stpeter at jabber.org
web: http://www.saint-andre.com/

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 Jeff_Forsythe at ohnb.uscourts.gov wrote:

> Jabber Server 1.4.2 was installed and I went through the Server
> Configuration document and made what it referred to as:
>                the ones you need in order to get the server running.
>

> When I try to run it using the command: ./jabberd/jabberd -h hostname
(the
> command given by the same document, supplying my hostname of course), I
get
> the following error:
>
> Configuration parsing using jabber.xml failed: unable to open file
>
> the configuration is owned by me, a non-root user, the permissions are
set
> so that I have read (and write) permissions to the jabber.xml file, so I
> don't know what it's saying.
>
> I learned about Jabber in SysAdmin (January 2002 issue) and the author
said
> you needed a particular directory structure (bin, etc, etc.)  which I do
> not have.  The default installation didn't create it and the
Configuration