[jadmin] AIM Transport Crashed Because of Single Letter "x"?

Trinh, Chu Chu at pequotcap.com
Tue Feb 12 15:48:40 CST 2002

Hello,

Today we just found out that AIM Transport crashed when my co-worker sent me
a single letter "x" from his AOL IM client. Well, it could be any letter...
We tested a few times and it crashed every time. AOL's IM client reported
error message: "Error code 3 receivved from server."

We are running jabber-1.4.1, and aim-transport-0.9.24c as a separate
process. AOL's IM client chat with WinJab thru Jabber's AIM transport.

What could have caused it to crash?

Thanks in advance.