[jadmin] Jabber 1.4.2 kicks clients

Philip Bergen pb at instadia.net
Wed Feb 27 02:10:46 CST 2002

Hi!

How come my jabber server keeps kicking clients off?
It is impossible to stay connected for an extended period.

I have Jabber(duh)+MSN+ICQv7 transports running only.

I have a good connection and firewall is input/output open on ports:
5190
5222
5269

I can even lose connection when the client is running on the same machine as the server.

One more thing: MSN users show presence and can send messages to a jabber client, but jabber clients cannot respond. How come? Need to open more ports?

Regards,
Philip, Copenhagen.