[jadmin] Jabber transports

Riyaad Miller RMiller at mweb.com
Thu Feb 28 07:06:42 CST 2002

- are you behind a firewall?

-----Original Message-----
From: Aditya Malik [mailto:adityam at geometricsoftware.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 2:39 PM
To: jabber
Subject: [jadmin] Jabber transports

I am quite new to jabber. I have setup a jabber server on a redhat 7.1
I have read the jabber.howto and added support for msn transport.

How can I test whether the transport that I have added is working fine?
Will running "netstat -npl"  reveal a port at which the transport is
running ?
When I try to register to the msn.hostname of the jabber server, it
"fetching registration form for MSN Transport" but ends with an Internal
Timeout error.

How can I get it to work ?
Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

This e-mail communication and any attachments are privileged and
confidential and intended only for the use of the recipients named
If you are not the intended recipient, please do not review, disclose,
disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail and attachments. If you have

received this communication in error, please notify the sender
by email or telephone at +91-20-2930177.

jadmin mailing list
jadmin at jabber.org