[jadmin] setting up jabber with mysql

Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido gerardo.santana at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 10:27:18 CDT 2005

On 8/3/05, Julian Opificius <julianop at barnlea.com> wrote:
> Having a little trouble setting up jabber with mysql, with respect to
> passwords.
>
> Do the passwords listed in c2s.xl and sm.xl have to be encrypted, or are
You mean c2s.xml and sm.xml

> they plain text?

plain text

> When I try to run jabberd, I get
> "ERROR: sm died. Shutting down server."
>
> and my mysql log gives me "access denied" errors.

Test it. Try connecting manually to your MySQL server with the mysql
utility using the user/password in your *.xml files. You've probably
not set up permissions correctly. It implies adding records to the
user and db tables in the mysql database.

--
Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido
http://www.openbsd.org.mx/santana/