[jadmin] JUD for Jabber 2

Julian Opificius julianop at barnlea.com
Fri Aug 5 09:03:37 CDT 2005

Thanks for the suggestion ...
I'm ambivalent about GUIs - sometimes they hide information that is
helpful in debugging problems. My experience with Webmin has also been
mixed: on the positive side, it frees you up from command-line
confusion, but on the negative side configuration files created with its
modules cannot safely be modified manually. My general approach is:

a) I use GUIs for maintenance, not for initial installation; and
b) that I don't use GUIs until I am moderately competent with C/L
administration.

I'll keep this on the back burner though ...

Julian.
======