[jadmin] Yahoo-Transport

Daniel Henninger jadestorm at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 8 06:54:48 CDT 2005

PyICQ/PyMSN/PyAIM don't automatically subscribe you to anything.  The
ask you about every last one of them.  (for every contact that would
be on your, say, AIM buddy list, you would get a xmpp subscription
request)  It does attempt to provide you with a way to subscribe to
all of them at once, or allow the client to agree to automatically
subscribe to all of them, but by default, if you subscribe fresh to
one of them, and you have 100 contacts on MSN, AIM, or ICQ's end,
then you will get 100 XMPP subscription requests.  As far as I know,
that's not breaking the rules, so to speak, despite how much it sucks
for the end user.  =(

Daniel

--
"The most addictive drug in the world is music."
      - The Lost Boyz