[jadmin] Yahoo-Transport

Paul Curtis pfc at terrapin.com
Mon Aug 8 07:25:54 CDT 2005

Roger Thomas wrote:

> IIRC, either icq or msn (or both) will import my contacts with J2.
> Means either of one the transport (or both) does not follow closely
> the XMPP spec ?

It is the server, not the transport, that does not allow for automatic
subscriptions. Some transports send proper subscription messages, but
you receive one for each and every buddy on your IM roster. In addition,
the Yahoo! server sends the buddy list on every login. This may be a
problem, as the transport woould be sending subscription lists to the
client each time you log in. I haven't found a good solution for this
problem.

I have patches to implement this, and fix some other items, that are in
testing. I hope to have a tested release soon, but other projects (work)
have taken precedence of late.

Paul