[jadmin] Yahoo-Transport

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Mon Aug 8 07:34:48 CDT 2005

Op maandag 08 augustus 2005 13:54, schreef Daniel Henninger:
> PyICQ/PyMSN/PyAIM don't automatically subscribe you to anything.  The
> ask you about every last one of them.  (for every contact that would
> be on your, say, AIM buddy list, you would get a xmpp subscription
> request)  It does attempt to provide you with a way to subscribe to
> all of them at once, or allow the client to agree to automatically
> subscribe to all of them, but by default, if you subscribe fresh to
> one of them, and you have 100 contacts on MSN, AIM, or ICQ's end,
> then you will get 100 XMPP subscription requests.  As far as I know,
> that's not breaking the rules, so to speak, despite how much it sucks
> for the end user.  =(

Isn't it possible in some way to combine these subscription requests without
breaking the specs? So, if the server gets 100 requests from the ICQ
transport, it will combine them, and the user will see one message like this:
Do you like to allow next subscriptions?

Mvg, Sander Devrieze.

xmpp:sander at l4l.be ( http://jabber.tk/ )