[jadmin] P2P file transfert

Trejkaz trejkaz at trypticon.org
Thu Aug 11 03:37:47 CDT 2005

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:42, EXT / ALTIOR HAMIDA Mehdi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We're using jabberd2 at office, and we need to disable the P2P file
> transfert.
> Unfortunally, we didn't find howto...

As file transfer is largely a client feature, I suspect you'll be blocking it
by modifying client code.  You might be able to block the usual protocols by
using mod_perl for jabberd2 to intercept packets for specific protocols, but
it won't stop people using clients which might do things differently.

> Can you help us, this is a security problem that we must fix ASAP.

You can already merely send a file from one computer to another without using
a Jabber client.  So no, it isn't a "security problem."

TX

--
             Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <trejkaz at trypticon.org>
          Web site: http://trypticon.org/