[jadmin] RE:

Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido gerardo.santana at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 23:46:11 CDT 2005

On 8/12/05, Thomas George <tgeorge at iidc.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build Jabber2 on a Redhat box, and I can't get past the
> ./configure.
>

> For some reason, it doesn't realize that I have OpenSSL 0.9.7a installed,
> and keeps complaining:
>
>     configure: error: OpenSSL >= 0.9.6b not found
>
> Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated..!

Check your config.log for hints. I'm sure it's because of missing
header files. There are some brain dead Linux distros that insist on
not installing header files ( I guestt they are put in a separate
-devel package.)

It just happened to me with Mandrake two hours ago and got tired of
it. I'm installing OpenBSD tomorrow, where I can just type make
install and it's done.

--
Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido
http://www.openbsd.org.mx/santana/