[jadmin] ACLs in ejabberd

Oleg Palij o.palij at dp.uz.gov.ua
Mon Aug 15 03:25:18 CDT 2005

I want to set up ejabberd in corporate environment, and I want to know if ejabberd can do following things:

1. I want that only subnet can use c2s.
As I understood ejabberd can't provide this?
I can firewall 5222 port so it is not a big problem, just interesting If i missed smth.

2. By default I want my users talk ONLY with jabber servers defined by me.
But, some defined users (by jid) can talk to all other servers.

3. By default I want to prevent my users from using ICQ/MSN/IRC/etc transports.
But, some defined users (by jid) can use some transports.
I don't know if it is important, but DNS records for jabber (and services) are common for all users.

Thank for help!

Best regards,
Palij Oleg, ISC (Pridn railway)