[jadmin] sm goes crazy on memory

Lauro, John jlauro at umflint.edu
Wed Aug 17 10:09:37 CDT 2005

Hello,

I've been running jabberd2 fine for a month or two (light load) with
s8.  Just a hair heavier load after going to s9 (from s8) a couple
weeks ago, but still never more than a dozen connected users.  3 times
in the last 3 days the server froze.  The last time I upped the memory
from 256mb to 512mb, and the box wasn't even up 10 minutes and managed
to capture a top prior to having to reboot out of frustration of
trying to put in any commands...  I increased the RAM to 1.5GB, so
we'll see how that works, but it was working fine with 256mb.  sm has
already grown to 1.2gb and growing.

Running 4 transports plus MUC and mysql with ldap auth.  I just killed
yahoo and the 3 python transports....  and sm memory use still
growing...

Help, how do I debug?