[jadmin] [jdev and jadmin] service user login, server conf and gateway charsets

Oleg Motienko motienko at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 13:02:24 CDT 2005

On 8/17/05, Konstantin Klyagin <k at thekonst.net> wrote:
> Dear Sirs.
>
> I would really appreciate if someone suggests me on how to solve
> the following problems.
>
> 1. I have a Jabber service. How can I make it login to the server
> and operate on behalf of various Jabber server users? I tried
> sending iq get jabber:iq:auth stanzas to fetch the login options,
> like the regular client do, but didn't receive any answer from my
> server.

Your script can connect as usual user with different resource and
prority, but it have to send user's login and password to server.

> 2. I tried creating new users on my Jabber servers by putting .xml
> files for them to the spool directory, but they didn't work until I
> restarted the server. However, I need the server to let them in
> just after the files are created. Is there any way to make the
> server re-read its users database without restarting?

I guess you can disable xdb caching or use another software (ejabberd
for example).

> 3. I have several IM gateways in my Jabber server. Charsets, to
> which the messages are converted, are specified in the
> corresponding configuration files. Is there any way to explicitely
> specify which charset a message must be converted from utf8 before
> sending it to the detination user on icq, aim, msn and such?

As I know, PyICQ-t can set different legacy encoding for each user.
But it is under development yet. Latest SNV version looks good.

--
Regards,
Oleg