[jadmin] jabberd 2.0s9 and avatar publish/retrieve support?

Alistair John Strachan s0348365 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Wed Aug 17 15:22:53 CDT 2005

Hi,

I run a private jabber server and I wish to get avatar (JEP-0060) support
working with it. 11 months ago I selected the jabberd2 server because it was
the easiest to get working with the excellent Python transports, and there
were no bizarre dependencies.

However, now I have discovered that avatars do not seem to be saved
server-side with jabberd2, whereas they work on jabber.org (which is running
1.4 CVS). Has anybody managed to get this working, and if so, how? I've read
about idavoll, but I've not idea how to set it up (what is pubsub?).

Obviously I'd rather not have to install another server, but if this is the
only way...

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

'No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway.'
Third year Computer Science undergraduate.