[jadmin] Moving a 1.4.x jabberd from Sun to Debian

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Wed Aug 17 17:18:54 CDT 2005

Hi Will!

Am 17.08.2005 20:22 schrieb Will Maier:

>The server instance initializes without problems and can be contacted using
>telnet on localhost. I can open streams, but can't send messages as a
>already-registered user (nor, obviously, can I register a new user, as in-band
>registration is disallowed). The jabberd -D output indicated to me that DNS is
>a problem, as I get numerous 'bouncing a routed packet to newjabber...Internal
>Delivery error' messages when trying to send data when connected via telnet.

No this is no DNS problem. For internal messages DNS is not used. Your
server just don't know that newjabber.my.org is the server itself. There
is a problem in your jabber.xml file, maybe a typo in the domain name.
Please also note that newjabber is not the same as newjabber.my.org of
the Jabber protocol. You cannot just use the hostname!

Matthias