[jadmin] Re: Corporate IM policies

Leonard, Eddie eddie.leonard at firstcitizens.com
Thu Aug 18 12:02:58 CDT 2005

I have added a Corporate Policies section to the Wiki.  This is the first
time I've posted anything to Wiki, so I hope I did it right.

Etienne LAVANANT wrote:

> Selon "Leonard, Eddie" <eddie.leonard at firstcitizens.com>:

>>Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone has some documented

>>corporate IM policies they would be willing to share? I've been

>>working on such a document for our environment and would like to

>>compare notes on things such

>>as:

>>1. Internal use only vs. allowing access to other IMs via gateways.

>>2. Appropriate use

>>3. File transfers

>>4. Message logging (Bandersnatch or others) 5. Message retention 6.

>>Any other items not mentioned.

>>Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

> I don't know if such a document already exists but I guess it would be

> very useful to have that on wiki.jabber.org. Maybe you can ask for an

> account and start creating it. Others may then participate and help you
for that.

I've created a wiki account for him so he can get going.

Peter

Eddie Leonard
System Engineer II
Tel: 919.716.8381
Pager: 919.874.5225
eddie.leonard at firstcitizens.com <mailto:eddie.leonard at firstcitizens.com>

First Citizens Bank

Web Site <http://www.firstcitizens.com/>

First Citizens Bank - Do Something Amazing!
100 E. Tryon Road, Raleigh, NC 27611

This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.