[jadmin] Moving a 1.4.x jabberd from Sun to Debian

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Fri Aug 19 01:48:17 CDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 10:12:11AM -0500, Will Maier wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 10:30:55AM -0400, Paul C. wrote:
> > did you check the debug in exodus to see if it is resolving your SRV records
> > properly?
>
> No -- this is a Unix/Linux shop, so we don't have Exodus. Any *nix clients
> that have good debugging features?

To check is SRV records are being resolved you may just use a sniffer
like tcpdump. It will show you the DNS queries issued and the TCP
connection attempts (so you will see where the client tries to connect).

And please note, that a lot of clients still do not resolve SRV records
at all. Users have to enter the server name or address manually in such
clients. What clients have you tried?

Greets,
        Jacek