[jadmin] Automate adding buddies????

Matt Tucker matt at jivesoftware.com
Sat Aug 20 15:08:03 CDT 2005

> I am not sure if Jive's shared roster functionality supports
> "all-to-all".

The shared roster group feature in Jive Messenger has three options:

 1) Show a group in group members' rosters.
 2) Show a group in all users' rosters.
 3) Show a group to a list of other groups' members.

So, option 1 or 2 in conjunction with the registration plugin would do
the trick. The registration plugin will let you automatically put
someone into a group anytime a new account is created -- so you could
have all users in a single group.

Plugin downloads: http://www.jivesoftware.org/messenger/plugins.jsp

In an upcoming release, we plan to have a few options for automated
groups. That would include an "all" concept as described in this thread
as well as a "local" group which would contain everyone connected from
the same subnet: http://www.jivesoftware.org/issues/browse/JM-83

Also, as of Jive Messenger 2.2.0, group information (for shared roster
groups) can come from LDAP.

Regards,
Matt