[jadmin] Newbie - need help setting up a jabber server

Jeff MacDonald jam at zoidtechnologies.com
Mon Aug 22 11:35:47 CDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 18:26 +0200, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> Thanks, I got passed openssl, but suse doesn't seem to provide devel rpms for
> mysql, if I were to --disable-mysql would jabber still work.

well, I got jabberd to work with pgsql, so at the least you need to have
*something* enabled that will store the data.. but I have not looked
into the possibilities other than pgsql or mysql. you can try
"./configure --help" to see what options are available.

I just looked at the README for 2.0s8 and it looks like you can use DB
for auth/reg/storage support. if you have that installed, give that a
shot.

regards,