[jadmin] Newbie - need help setting up a jabber server

Chadley Wilson chadley at ngn.co.za
Mon Aug 22 13:18:09 CDT 2005

On Monday 22 August 2005 19:56, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Chadley Wilson wrote:
> > Do I have enable jabber to communicat with other servers, I don't want
> > this. It has to do with the security of our internal communications ?
>
> No, you don't have to connect to any other jabber servers if you don't
> want to -- plenty of organizations run jabber servers behind the
> firewall and never connect to outside servers or the public network.
>
> Peter

Thanks Peter

Where could I find some step by step docs to set up jabber with mysql?
I found a german one on google, but it want postgres and creatdb doesn't exist
on my system, I did install postgres but I still don't have a creatdb
command!

Any links would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Chadley Wilson