[jadmin] Newbie - need help setting up a jabber server

Chadley Wilson chadley at ngn.co.za
Mon Aug 22 13:39:11 CDT 2005

On Monday 22 August 2005 19:56, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Chadley Wilson wrote:
> > Do I have enable jabber to communicat with other servers, I don't want
> > this. It has to do with the security of our internal communications ?
>
> No, you don't have to connect to any other jabber servers if you don't
> want to -- plenty of organizations run jabber servers behind the
> firewall and never connect to outside servers or the public network.
>
> Peter

Seems I will assistance in getting jabberd2 to run.

When starting the jabberd init.d script I get this and don't know how to fix
it.
chadlap:/etc/jabberd # /etc/init.d/jabberd start
Initializing jabberd processes...
        Starting router                                               done
        Starting resolver                                             done
        Starting sm                                                   done
        Starting c2s                                                  done
/etc/init.d/jabberd: line 223:  4389 Segmentation fault
${progsPath}/${prog} ${args}
        Starting s2s                                                  done

I know it has to do with the c2s config but where are the doc for jabberd2

Oh I forgot I am running
jabberd-2.0

Thanks

Chadley Wilson