[jadmin] Need help settingup jabber

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Tue Aug 23 04:59:57 CDT 2005

Op dinsdag 23 augustus 2005 09:05, schreef Etienne LAVANANT:
<snip>
> One possible solution for you may be to use the jabberd2 server (one on
> each site). It would allow you to have TLS encrypted connexions between
> sites and from servers to users too. Local communications would not go
> through the WAN.

TLS support on the server2server side is not necessarily needed I guess. Maybe
there already is a secured tunel between the two company networks. In this
way it is secure to set up an unencrypted server in every network and set the
firewall to only allow trafic on port 5269 over the secured tunel.

<snip>
> Jabberd2 run on any Unix system (and windows but it may not be a good
> idea). If server-to-server encryption is not a requirement, you may look at
> JiveMessenger which seems to have good filter capabilities or even
> jabberd1.4 or ejabberd.

Some of ejabberd's features include:
* easy to use Windows installer
* built-in multi-user chat module
* built-in privacy lists module so that people, presence,.. can be blocked by
people if the client supports it
* web interface
* multi-lingual (it is currently the Jabber server that has the most
translations)
* See the ejabberd feature sheet for more features:
http://www.process-one.net/en/projects/ejabberd/docs/features.pdf
* Commercial support for this open-source server is available through
Process-one.
* It is compatible with J-EAI:
http://www.process-one.net/en/projects/j-eai/index.html

<snip>

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.
xmpp:sander at devrieze.dyndns.org

ejabberd, the expandable Jabber daemon. --
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/