[jadmin] Re: Problems with PGSQL auth

Wilfredo I. Pachon Lopez wilfred_com at cun.edu.co
Thu Aug 25 12:51:39 CDT 2005

> What auth mechanisms are you trying to use? If you describe what you'd like to
> happen and how you're trying to do it, perhaps someone can help.

What i need is to authenticate my jabber user againts a DB that support my

This is the part in my c2s.xml with the auth mech:

What is the best to my case?

> Have you defined custom SQL queries in c2s.xml ?

Yes, i'm using the following custom SQL query to retrieve the user info:

<select>SELECT CRYPT(account_pwd) AS password, 0 AS hash, 0 AS token, 0 AS
sequence FROM phpgw_accounts WHERE account_lid = '%s' AND dominio =

Update, Delete i don't need because the password change and creating/deleting
users is made by other application.

CRYPT is pl/perl function that encrypt the password using a custom "salt".

Wilfredo I. Pachón López
Coordinador Desarrollo de Software y Asesor en Software Libre
Dirección Nacional de Sistemas