[jadmin] Re: Google Talk federation policy proposal

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at polito.it
Fri Aug 26 11:05:10 CDT 2005

Jesper Krogh wrote:

> We have blacklists in the mail-systems as of today.. they generally
> don't solve the spam problem.

In XMPP it's a bit harder and expensive to setup spam server since you
need to register a domain name. Also the equivalent of open relays are
far less dangerous since in band registration can be deactivated

For these reason I think that in XMPP black lists can have more success,
especially if we agree on a common method to distribute them

--
Fabio Forno, PhD
Istituto Superiore Mario Boella
Jabber ID: xmpp:ff at kamin.polito.it