[jadmin] Google Talk federation policy proposal

Malone, Pat pmalone at lsil.com
Fri Aug 26 11:16:12 CDT 2005

>Google never said that Spam would be the reason why they didn't open S2S
>connections. Maybe it is just because they haven't finished their component

>yet.
>So just wait until Google makes the first move.

Some musings I've had on this are based on Googles move into the service
side, with their search appliance and others.

It could be that they will start providing a GoogleTalk appliance to
businesses that will include 'federation' ability.  For all I know, they
could already be in discussion with the current commercial XMPP providers to
enable this.

Google would then manage and protect the general user IM space, let business
manage and protect their own IM space, and only allow federation with
qualified business partners.

Again, just musing.

Pat