[jadmin] Re: Google Talk federation policy proposal

Florian Jensen admin at flosoft.biz
Fri Aug 26 11:23:50 CDT 2005

Well, same with eMail. But Blacklist don't bring alot. I am sure Fabio the
moment you put up a Blacklist network you will be able to override it will
come out. Best example: DynDNS. Just change your domain! It is free! Ok ...
maybe IP blocking? No, most hackers don't have a static IP and just reset
their Router / Modem. Not to mention Proxies. There are million ways to
override blacklists.
The great thing about Jabber is that there is NO real supervising power.
Everyone is free to do what he wants! If Google uses such a standard they
will make sure that something like this will not happen on their Servers.
Even internally!
They will surely already have a protection in development. And maybe they will
make it publically available soon.
Google can't permit themselves to bring an unsecure System on the market! They
have too much to use and developping such an extension doesn't cost much for
them.

Greets,

Florian Jensen
Flosoft.biz