[jadmin] Logged in user

Samuel Penn sam at glendale.org.uk
Fri Aug 26 14:07:43 CDT 2005

On Friday 26 August 2005 19:10, b h wrote:
> still, you didn't give much detail about your server
> version..

Well, I wasn't looking for a bug fix, but a feature, and
I didn't expect it to be something that changes between
minor revisions.

Since the original phrasing has obviously caused confusion, I'll
try and be clearer:

First, the background:
I have a Jabber2 server (jabberd-2.0s2) running on OpenBSD 3.6,
which is using MySQL as a backend. I'm running some tests with
sendxmpp to send out automated messages, but my GUI Jabber clients
(Kopete and Gaim) aren't updating the state of these automated
users as I'd expect[1], so I'd like to see what the server thinks
is happening without using XMPP.

The question is:
Is there a way to query the server directly for what it thinks the
state (logged on/off) of all users currently is (either through SQL,
or some command line tool), and is it possible to modify this
state in the same way (i.e., force a user to be offline)?

I'm expecting the online/offline state to be held in one of the
MySQL tables, but can't find anything which looks promising.

[1] I have one user who is permanently logged in, and the others
    don't show up as logged in whilst sendxmpp is running. There
    are other issues as well, but I'm currently trying to figure
    out what is going wrong, and under what circumstances, before
    seeking a solution, since the clients, server logs and client
    debug are all disagreeing about what is happening.

--
Sam.                                      http://www.glendale.org.uk/